Of musings.in transition.impatient.incomplete.obscure and obdurate.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Yes..it was another weekend!

a mindnumbing whirlwind of a weekend..
sat through seven steps around the fire. caught a cold. broke my phone. was let down. cried.A LoT. slept at 5.30 am three times over. escaped family wedding to go to TC (my happy place :D). played hide-n-seek with a four-year-old. drove to DLF. drove to Rohini. found solace in 15-minute ISD phonecalls. walked up-n-down through a maddening Sunday night Sarojini nagar shoppers crowd coz i wanted to think. fought through layers and piles and stacks of accusations of expections unfulfilled. learnt that i cannot make ALL the people happy ALL the time. drove a policeman around in my car to prove that i had not jumped the traffic light. was told that i was "the best-est TONU in the whole world". used dirty green kajal. sang tunelessly. swore at the wrong people. danced on a barstool. put my foot in my mouth.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Had a second cousin get married from my house. So the Great Indian Wedding played out from my living room. and my bedroom. and the kitchen. and even the staircase.
Found strangers in my room. and their children. and empty muffin packets full of ants.
Its crazy. fun in bits. not so much fun when i have to take shopaholic cousins for an afternoon out in the sun for two and a half hours and she buys a belt. that's right. two hours..for a freakin' belt. or when I have to stay up till 5.30am and make tea four times during insane hours of the night. or when i need to walk around in 4 inch heels pretending to look very pretty but when i feel like my ankle will die. or when i have a huge, and i mean HUGE, problem with the dynamics of a Hindu wedding ceremony (or any wedding ceremony for that matter) and realize that my ranting has been recorded for posterity on the obnoxious, ubiquitous-at-weddings, annoying-light-flashing-in-eye video camera.
I watched..mother and daughters cry. chaos reign. suitcases being packed and unpacked and repacked. tempers rise with fatigue and the heat. egos clash and burn. sarees being worn. the electricity go off at the wedding venue just as the groom arrived. fish being wrapped and unwrapped and dressed up. lots of family. some liked. others not so much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your weekend posts! Make me wana come back and live out weekends with you.and yes, people and expectations can be quite the bitch.shine on babe - they dont matter!

- R.

still water said...

this explains why you weren't online during that week ..what is ur excuse now ??? come online this instant !!...please !!

Oxymoron said...

@ R.
well some lovely..some not so.. :D as always!
come back..i miss all of you soooo much!

@ still water
im online and you're not!!