Of musings.in transition.impatient.incomplete.obscure and obdurate.

Monday, September 3, 2007

Lately..

..So lately..
I have bought books I do not need. Loved looking through piles in the old bazaar. Through the sweat. Through the romance novels I cannot (I have tried, but I just cannot sift through the complications) read. Through budgeting for my much-hyped fly from the coup. Looked through swanky bookshelves - mentally ticking off the titles I've always wanted to read. And those I know I should before I'm 25. I do not want to be caught drunk saying Das Urteil, What??
Oh, and one title I totally loved was "Life..and Changing Socks"!

Filling silences in every conversation is annoying. But what when you still go back to those conversations? Why do you?

Also, this one is long overdue..
7am scrabble. 1am and 3am drunken squabble. hangovers. feet on dining tables. crimson and jam. terracota and green. balcony. dove. 4am toothbrushes. tears in 002. trying and laughing. trying and fighting. heard of. seen now. saree at sunset. italian and beef and fried chicken and chinese and appams and KPs and eggs. bread buys grocery store tantrums. entrances. imaged. TC rooms. post office-induced exasperation. goosebumps and traffic. bakery? cluedo and prickly carpets. beer and beer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Book markets are delightful, aren't they?
I miss your writing when you disappear..don't. They make up for us not talking for months on end.
And i think we go back to those conversations because we yearn to create comfort in the awkwardness - awkwardness created out of things left unsaid and talking in cryptic. Remember those times?

- Me

Anonymous said...

yet another mad tonu post! Oh, we are blessed!