Of musings.in transition.impatient.incomplete.obscure and obdurate.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

inebriated inconsequential rambling

I have lost faith in my ability to communicate in English. generally. Just one of those things that popped into my head as i was drying my hands. I have started emailing bullet points to my closest friend. Punctuation, i've discovered, (especially commas) are not my forte. But dry research papers and annual reports aside, bullet points are fun. Especially when you trust the other person to fill in the right words at the right places — replete with anticipating your change in expression! (me to G: Bullet points let us talk about totally disconnected ideas in two successive sentences..and cover so much about our lives, physical spaces, and the weather!)
***
I've been rolling along from one day to the next. Not drenched in monotony or anything dramatic. Just. Dumbing down the introspection process? Playing ostrich to the world at large? Is it the heat? Today was particularly the worst. It seemed like the world was playing itself out in slow motion. (me to P: i've been sleepwalking through a lot of things..conversations..emotions..premonitions..)
***
Oh and also, not quite related but..I've figured that hospital waiting rooms provide the perfect context for a sociological study on "Patriarchy, the Indian middle class and their sleep patterns."
***
Premonitions are draining.
***
And I've rediscovered Skype and Scrabble!

No comments: