Of musings.in transition.impatient.incomplete.obscure and obdurate.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

P...for our Perceptions

..So I wish relationships had rules. Like Science. I know I would love to analyse, hyposthasise and then sign off with a flourish - "hence proved". People and people. distance, time and space. Morality breathes down some necks. Suits some others. Is it? Isn't it? For comfort? intensity? too much comfort? where does it start and how does it end? for those that fit images and worse still, for those who don't. P was never wrong, but the discomfort lasted for days. It shook comfortable notions that fit. Giving in is perhaps so much easier than bailing out. Or maybe bailing out is better than falling in.

Postscript: Just had one of the nicest, most thought-provoking (i hate this phrase!) virtual conversations with P (albeit it lasted all of 7 minutes..but like all our conversations when did duration matter..). I like the fact that limits and lines are being questioned. But to constantly look for newer perceptions, does one conveniently escape from those that don't suit one's state of being? Mind games are easy to play - looking for perceptions and people to fit into one's lense of being. Corny as it may sound, it's easy to miss out on the spot closest to the foci.

beyond the postscript: This creeps into my head when i least expect it and makes me feel like im the one on the perception-discovery trail. Well, maybe I am. But I conclude, and I think this is the perception I "see" now, that its wrong to mislead other people's perceptions in order to look for yours. Lying and hurting don't exactly fit into grey. One's self-discovery trysts aren't exactly doing other people any favors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I have no idea what you're talking about - and by that logic I know I should refrain from commenting. However, I still will.
I've been through the same thought process - more than once actually. How do I define love? How do I define whether I am in love? Do i give up comfort for refreshing change?
All the best with yours..it'll last for a bit..but it will pass!

-Adi