Of musings.in transition.impatient.incomplete.obscure and obdurate.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

sublime

...maybe I should give in. to the moments of silence. of the three thousand and twenty one seconds I spent staring at the computer screen.
maybe I should give in. to the moments of weakness. of the songs that I overplayed. of the mails that were re-read. of gmail dependency issues.
maybe I should really give in. to the moments of wanting to be pampered. to be seen through.

A mail from M made me realise today that unlike my "vehemently constructed self" my blog
"reeks of 'sappiness' and want". It is true. Like the very love letter I found on a random google search, and passed around while I should've been writing on critical discourse analysis - a lot of posts did want to make me hurl. But then again, I have my moments.

Lines from the letter I liked:
I have a thousand images of you in an hour; all different and all coming back to the same...
...I think of you eating omlette on the ground...I think of you against a skyline...

Rupert Brooke to Noel Olivier, 1911

I really do like the mundane.

No comments: