Of musings.in transition.impatient.incomplete.obscure and obdurate.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

the profound and the pretentious..

When I was younger, I used to always wonder how "adults" could end up messing up their relationships so much. Why they made things so bloody complicated. Why they didn't just say what they were thinking, or why anything else mattered when two people cared about each other.

Now, increasingly I realize, that I wish things were that simple. I've realized that people's relationships with those around them are not determined by who they like and who they don't..but by how much they reveal and how much they conceal, from whom.

Distance between people increases effortlessly..sometimes sneaking up on you, when you least expect it. And the space growing in between lies filled with lacy webs of ambiguity. Suddenly, I'm stuck between wondering whether to hug someone I thought was a really close friend, or to just smile and nod.

Afterthought:..is too much introspection a bad thing?

No comments: